You have plenty of brands to choose from when selecting shades, and there are many factors that you need to take into account before making a decision for your home. Our brand of choice is Hunter Douglas, and its loved by both our customers and team of experts alike. Read on to learn more about this brand and the products they offer, and you’ll see why we choose to carry their innovative products!
What Makes Hunter Douglas Shades Unique?
Hunter Douglas shades are unique for a number of reasons. All of the company’s window treatments are designed and assembled in the United States, and their longstanding commitment to quality and innovation means you’ll find window treatment solutions at Hunter Douglas that you can’t find anywhere else. Hunter Douglas also knows that safety is of the utmost importance, and from cordless and motorized operating systems, to retractable lift cords, cord tensioners, and wand controls, they offer a wide array of operating system options for enhanced child and pet safety.
What Types of Hunter Douglas Shades are Available?
Hunter Douglas offers a variety of types of shades for your home, including sheers and shadings, honeycomb shades, roman shades, and solar and roller shades. Each type of window covering has its benefits, and Hunter Douglas carries a wide range of materials and styles to fit every room in your home. Let’s explore the different varieties of shades available to help you decide which option would be best for you.
Sheers & Shadings
Sheers and shadings provide a modern look to your windows window while giving you full control of the light entering your room, and it’s the perfect blend of traditional horizontal blinds and modern shades. Available in different opacities and materials, sheers and shadings also diffuse direct sunlight, preventing harsh UV rays from entering through your windows and damaging your floors, furniture, and artwork. Hunter Douglas sheers and shadings come in three different varieties:
- Silhouette®: Silhouette® Window Shadings fill your room with soft light while maintaining a sense of privacy. Unique S-shaped vanes are suspended between two sheers, and can tilt to varying angles, allowing light to filter through while preventing the outside world from looking in.
- Pirouette®: these shades are an innovative window treatment option that combines beautiful views and privacy. They feature beautiful fabric options, and have soft, adjustable fabric vanes attached to a single sheer backing.
- Luminette®: Luminette® Privacy Sheers softly diffuse the sunlight, incorporating the soft feel of sheers with the drama of drapes. These sheers also have rotating fabric vanes, giving you 180 degrees of light control.
The specially engineered cellular construction of honeycomb shades traps air in distinct pockets, creating an extra layer of insulation for your windows, making them one of the most energy-efficient styles available. Plus, with so many fabrics and colors to choose from, honeycomb shades are one of the most versatile window treatments available today.
Hunter Douglas’ Duette® Honeycomb Shades were the first cellular shades, and are specially engineered to provide energy efficiency at the window in both cold and warm climates. They feature an innovative, energy-efficient design that traps air in distinct pockets to help keep your house cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
Soft folds give Roman shades a relaxed look and feel perfect for living rooms and bedrooms, and options range from room-darkening and light-filtering fabrics, to a wide variety of colors and textures.
- Design Studio™ Roman Shades: with three different styles and an extensive array of luxurious fabrics, you can create your dream roman shades with Design Studio™. These shades can be combined with Hunter Douglas’ Side Panels and Drapery until you create the look you’ve always wanted!
- Solera® Soft Shades: these shades provide the signature, enduring appeal of classic Roman shades with a contemporary twist and the added benefit of energy efficiency. Like honeycomb shades, their innovative cellular construction traps air, keeping your home warmer in the winter and cooler during summer months.
- Vignette® Modern Roman Shades: this type of roman shade features consistent folds and no exposed rear cords, keeping windows uncluttered and safer. Choose from different fold styles and sizes, and beautiful fabrics that are low maintenance and easy to clean.
Solar & Roller Shades
Roller and solar shades deliver a clean, contemporary look, and the many fabric options (including choices for UV protection and energy efficiency), color choices, and styles give you endless design possibilities for your windows.
- Sonnette® Cellular Roller Shades: these cordless shades operate effortlessly like a traditional roller shade, and create warm light by filtering the sun’s rays through two fabrics. Their unique, energy-efficient cellular construction is an additional benefit, trapping air in distinct pockets to add an extra layer of insulation at your window.
- Designer Banded Shades: this shade combines a roller shade and sheer shading in one window treatment! Designer Banded Shades combine alternating sheer and solid fabric bands, allowing the shade to transition from open to closed seamlessly and providing homeowners with a modern solution for view-through, light control, and privacy.
- Design Studio™ Roller Shades: these shades offer an exclusive fabric collection in opaques and semi-opaques from NY designer Rebecca Atwood. Position them under our Design Studio Side Panels and Drapery for visually interesting depth and dimension at your window.
- Designer Screen Shades: specially crafted to reduce UV rays, Designer Screen Shades protect your furniture and floors, and minimize light gaps for the utmost privacy. These shades are available in varying levels of opacity, giving you great control over how much light comes through your windows.
How Much Do Hunter Douglas Shades Cost?
Because your home has unique needs, there is no one-price-fits-all solution for window treatments. That’s why it's important to collaborate with one of our window treatment specialists to ensure that your design goals are met within your budget. A quote from a Window Trends team member will take many factors into account, including window size, operating system requirements, design requests, and product, material, and color selection.
What Other Options Are Available Besides Hunter Douglas?
Hunter Douglas has carved out a prominent space for themselves in the window coverings space, but other brands have emerged over the years to create healthy competition in the industry. Other notable brands that provide quality shades include Graber, Serena Shades by Lutron, and Bali Shades.
Graber provides a wide range of unique, well-crafted products that tend to be more affordable than Hunter Douglas. Serena by Lutron specializes in smart shades, and offers some of the most advanced smart roller shades and honeycomb shades, which come in over 200 fabric options. Finally, Bali Shades are a great choice for window treatments for specialty shaped windows and sliding doors.
Options For Hunter Douglas Shades from Window Trends
Interested in learning more about a specific Hunter Douglas product? Window Trends is proud to offer a wide selection of Hunter Douglas shades and window treatments. Give us a call at (973) 401-9048 between the hours of 9:00 AM-4:00 PM, Monday through Friday, or fill out our contact form on our website for a complimentary in-home consultation.