- Can custom-made products be exchanged or refunded?
- An order may be modified or cancelled only if requested within three days (before midnight on the third day) of the signed contract (estimate/invoice) date. If you cancel this contract within the three-day period, you are entitled to a full refund. All refunds that are given will be paid within 30 days of the cancellation letter is received. All custom orders, not canceled within the three-day period, are final. Because these products were custom-made, they cannot be exchanged or refunded.
- What is your payment process?
- A 60% deposit is required upon agreement. The remaining balance is due upon installation. Any returned checks will result in a $30.00 additional surcharge. The purchaser shall pay the sum of 18% interest per annum on any outstanding balance.
- Is Window Trends responsible for delivery delays?
- We are not responsible for a delay of delivery due to a manufactory backorder or delays in manufacturer shipping or fabrications. The purchaser shall pay all attorney fees and cost of suit pursuant to a breach of any of the foregoing terms and/or any collection actions instituted on this agreement.
- Is exact-dye match coloring guaranteed?
- We cannot guarantee 100% exact dye lot match coloring on fabrics due to manufacturers’ specifications.
- What is the best way to get started?
- We recommend customers start with a visit to our showroom to see the wide variety of products available for your home. We have a large display of shades and blinds, so you can see the all the new lift options. In addition, operating the blinds and shades, will greatly help the decision making process. Our knowledgeable and helpful staff will discuss your choices and answer your questions. The next step is to meet with a designer for a free design consultation in your home to ensure that the products you choose complement the décor and style you are looking to achieve.
- How large is your selection?
- Extensive. We have the full line of Hunter Douglas window fashions available, including the exclusive Alustra® Collection. Our product books show all the newest options and fabrics for all Hunter Douglas products. With Window Trends, you will also have access to all the latest design trends, colors, and products.
- How are your prices compared to other companies?
- We are committed to providing quality products, competitive pricing, and exceptional value. Our prices are very competitive for the quality products, expert installation, and superior service we provide for our customers. This expertise provides the peace of mind that you will have the best window treatments to fit your home and lifestyle, precision measurements, and flawless professional installation for lasting beauty and value.
- Is professional measuring necessary?
- Window fashions are complex and there are several factors that need to be considered such as how they will be operated, if children or pets live in the home, and what furniture is located near the window. We ask questions to ensure that your window treatments are easy to use and function well for your lifestyle. It is essential that the measurements are exact for the window fashions to fit properly and to ensure ease of operation. If the measurements are not precise, this can be a costly mistake. In addition, if there are imperfections in the window, these can be addressed at the time of measurement to make the installation process easier.
- How long does the process take?
- The length of time depends on the products you order. All window treatments are custom designed to your exact specifications and the length of time varies. When you place your order, we will keep you informed about the installation date.
- Can you help me choose products for my home?
- Yes, in fact, we offer a free design consultation to help you create a distinctive look that reflects your preferences, fits your home décor, is functional, and fits your budget. Our knowledgeable staff will help you throughout the product selection process to help you choose the products, textures, colors, and finishes that will work best for you.
- What’s the difference between blinds, shutters, and drapes?
For non-experts, it’s easy to get your window treatments confused. Let us break it down for you:
1. Blinds: These treatments have horizontal slats, which are also known as louvers. These slats can rotate back and forth to control light and privacy. They can be completely lowered and still allow light to come through.
2. Shutters: Often built to be more durable than blinds, they also use slats to regulate light and privacy. They are more effective at blocking out light.
3. Drapes: This hanging fabric that can be used to handsomely frame windows. Drapes can block out light and add privacy to a room when they are closed. While they can be the most aesthetically appealing of the three window treatments because of the variety of colors and fabrics you can use to make the draperies.
- What’s the most common mistake people make with their window treatments?
There are several common gaffes people can make with their treatments. Here are some of the ones we most often come across:
- Inaccurate measuring of the windows and the window frames when installing their own window treatments.
- Buying drapes that are too short or not equal in length.
- Buying retail curtains and not pressing them before they are hung.
- Curtain panels are hung high or wide enough.
- Should all windows in a house have the same treatments?
- You don’t have to adopt a uniform look when it comes to your treatments. Just because you have drapes in one room doesn’t mean you can’t put in plantation shutters in another! What is important to do, especially if you have several windows in an area with an open floor plan, is to make sure there’s a unifying element. Perhaps it’s the color of your treatments, or the amount of shade they provide.
- Which window treatment is right for me?
- This really depends on what you need for the window you’re dressing. There are several questions you should ask yourself when picking a window treatment. How much privacy do you want? Some treatments, like blackout drapes, can offer much better protection than others. How much light do you want to let into the room? Do you want something that is more focused on aesthetic appeal, or do you want something that’s energy-efficient? Do you want automation or manual treatments? And what kind of feel and look do you want your window treatments to give your room? Window treatments are very versatile. It really depends on your needs and priorities.